Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of marketing/public relations to Red River Ski & Summer Area guests. Plans, directs, and coordinates marketing activities and special events, providing goodwill for the company. Provides analysis of guest feedback and initiates improvements to enhance the customer experience.
Responsible at the RRSA for:
- All aspects of marketing, social/digital media, public relations for the summer and winter seasons,
- Providing innovative means to evaluate and measure impacts of digital marketing strategies for revenue management and enhancement,
- Coordination within the organization of special events sponsored or co-sponsored by the company.
- Conducting and analyzing results of guest surveys and suggesting and initiating operational service improvements,
- Monitoring and providing product/services pricing and industry comp sets,
- Customer reservation system and the upgrading of marketing and customer outreach through e-commerce web site design and offering,
- Maintaining healthy partnerships with the Town of Red River, local businesses, and, more broadly, those engaged in the ski industry and summer recreational programs,
Other duties and responsibilities:
- The Director of Marketing, provides feedback and evaluates performance for key Ski Area supervisors and staff including the marketing coordinator.
Reporting and Organization Placement
The Director of Marketing is a member of the RRSA Senior Management Team which is accountable directly to the Board of Directors. Day-to-day supervision and performance assessment is provided by the Vice President/Director of Skier Services.
- May be required to stand long periods of time.
- Will be required to work holidays and weekends
- Will be required to travel out of town to participate in marketing/promotion events.
Education and experience
- College degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience and training is desirable.
- Experience in a supervisory position as a manager and/or team leader.
- High level of interpersonal skills, self-directed, and able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.