Food Services Staff
Food & Beverage
Availability: Full Time and Part Time available.
Offer Red River Ski & Summer Area customers and employees great quality food in a clean and organized environment with exceptional customer service. Positions at the Main Chalet Cafeteria and the Ski Tip Restaurant. Must be dependable and enjoy working in a team. Daily duties include food preparation, cooking, stocking and cleaning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries supplies from refrigerators and storerooms to work areas.
- Removes pans of portioned salads, desserts, rolls, cream, and other cold food items from refrigerator or pantry, and places at appropriate stations of assembly counter.
- Cleans, cuts and mixes vegetables, fruits, and berries for salads, relishes, and desserts.
- Prepares cold sandwiches.
- Prepares daily specials.
- Portions and garnishes hot cooked foods, such as meat and vegetables, into individual serving dishes.
- Stocks salad bar and lunch buffet line throughout the day.
- Services soda/coffee dispensers.
- Keep condiments, snacks and coolers stocked.
- Takes orders, explains menu items and serves customers.
- Cleans and washes pots and pans, dishes, chopping blocks, and service stations throughout the day as necessary.
- Stocks serving stations with dishes.
- Arranges boxes, material or other industrial equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Defrosts and cleans refrigerators and iceboxes.
- Maintain kitchen and work area clean and organized.
- Keep all guest areas spotless and in good keeping.
- Learn the proper and safe use of cleaning products.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute proper cleaning and stocking of restrooms throughout the day.
- Work as cashier collecting payment for products and using our software to register sales.
- Sells alcoholic beverages in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations governing alcohol sales.
- Checks I.D. of persons wanting to purchase alcoholic beverages.
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Food Services Department or Red River Ski & Summer Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Clean the bathrooms when time allows.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and respond quickly to instructions.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene and proper sanitation.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Employees regularly work near moving mechanical parts, sharp kitchen utensils and hot stove/fryer/oven.
- The employee is frequently exposed to food smells.
- Heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Employees are often exposed to chemicals and other cleaning products.
- May be required to stand long period of time.
- Employees may be required to work holidays and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED.
- New Mexico Food Handlers card.
- New Mexico Alcohol & Gaming Division Server certificate.
- No prior experience, training provided.