Terrain Park Staff
Terrain Park Staff is responsible for building and maintaining our three terrain parks. Represent Red River Ski & Summer Area with exceptional customer service by being an advocate for responsible and safe use of freestyle features by our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and close terrain parks each day, includes setting fences and visible signage.
- Be an advocate for responsible and safe use of freestyle features by our guests with the Smart Style and Park Smart program.
- Maintain freestyle features in all conditions throughout the day.
- Monitor park for safety hazards, close freestyle features when necessary.
- Ability to negotiate features to ensure proper trajectory and safety of freestyle features.
- Help setting up and running events. Maintain features during competitions.
- Keep detailed logs of all maintenance done to freestyle features everyday.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management to help other departments within RRSA.
- Proficient skiing or snowboarding skills on freestyle features.
- Ability to ski or snowboard with rake, shovels, or pales.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relations.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to any situation and to carry out instructions put forth by management.
- Working outdoors in varied weather conditions (rain, snow, sleet, heavy winds, sunshine, etc.)
- Heavy lifting required.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience building and maintaining freestyle features is a plus.