Ski & Snowboard Rental Tech
Availability: Full Time and Part Time available.
Working as a Ski & Snowboard Rental Tech is a fun and unique opportunity to share your love for snowsports with guests and Red River Ski & Summer Area employees. You will have the opportunity to take initiative each and every day to make a positive, meaningful impact on our guests experience. Ensure that each guest is comfortable and safe to enjoy their day on the mountain. Offer excellent customer service while assisting guests with the fitting of their boots and setting of their skis or snowboards based on each guest’s profile, experience, and need. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. Previous experience and knowledge of skis and snowboards is helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use software to assign boots to customers.
- Ask customer shoe size or measure customer's foot.
- Help customer try on footwear, observes and questions customer about fit.
- Organize boots, keeping them clean and dry.
- Use the tech station software to check equipment out.
- Set bindings to accept skier’s boots using manufacturers recommended settings.
- Inspect rental equipment in stock to detect those requiring repair or cleaning.
- Repair worn or damaged rental equipment.
- Inspect returned equipment for damage.
- Check equipment in using the tech station software and charge customers with overdue equipment.
- Run the storage sales point to upgrade ski equipment, rent helmets, and storage bins.
- Verifies amount in cash drawer at start and end of shift.
- Records sales on sales software, charging customers correctly for the items purchased.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges boxes, material, and equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain rental shop organized and clean, including guest circulation areas and work areas.
- Assists customers in operation of lockers.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Rental Department or Red River Ski & Summer Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environmen.
- Ability to understand and respond quickly to instructions.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene and proper sanitation.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Employees are often exposed to chemicals and other cleaning products.
- May be required to stand long periods of time.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED.
- No prior experience or training.
- Must pass binding manufacturer's certification course.