Scenic Summer Lift Operator
Assist and interact with guests in getting on & off chair lifts. Operate and monitor chair lift. Perform chair lift pre and post operational checks to ensure safe operation of lift. Maintain daily logs, reports and check lists. Assist with ticket checking and other mountain operations tasks as assigned. Requires ability perform physical labor (loading tube, bikes, etc.). Must have ability to understand instructions, give directions and communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors and most important our guests. Must communicate effectively under pressure and/or during emergency situations. Must be reliable and prepared to stand/work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manner.
- Conduct all pre-operation safety checks.
- Responsible for the safe start-up, operation and shutdown of electric or auxiliary operation.
- Maintain loading areas, unloading areas, and lift logs to prescribed standards.
- Instruct guests in safety procedures.
- Execute the safe, courteous and efficient loading and unloading of passengers.
- Command an alert, conscientious and reactive ability while operating the chairlift.
- Inspect, record and report the condition of all lift machinery.
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings and closures and general operating conditions.
- Create an open communication with the guest and fellow workers.
- Diplomatically handles awkward or negative situations.
- Responsible for checking all season passes and all lift tickets for authenticity.
- Refuse admittance to patrons without ticket or pass, or who are undesirable for reasons such as intoxication or improper attire.
- Keep area clean of trash and maintained for snow conditions.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight up to 100 pounds
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Lift evacuations.
- Provide assistance to Lift Maintenance.
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice.
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Lift Department or Red River Ski & Summer Area to meet required goals or standards.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Working outdoors in varied weather conditions, standing for long periods of time.
- Heavy lifting up to 100lbs.
- Employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Employees may be required to work holidays and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- No prior experience, training is provided.