Guest Services Representative
Guest Services & Ticket Sales
Mission Statement for Guest Services Representatives
Promote a friendly and welcoming environment to our guests. Be an excellent communicator who can respond quickly and efficiently to guest’s needs. Listen and understand to guest comments and complaints respond and resolve their problems in an assertive and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests, listen, and understand their needs.
- Instruct guests on how to use Waiver Stations.
- Perform sales of tickets, rentals, lessons and collects payment for products sold using our sales software focusing on cash management.
- Verify cash drawer at the beginning of the shift and inform supervisor immediately of any discrepancy.
- Maintain a work area that is clean and organized.
- Cheerfully provide direction or information about the mountain and services.
- Dispense accurate information about Red River Ski & Summer Area, trail conditions and activities.
- Effectively communicate information when person-to-person or on the telephone.
- When communicating over telephone, more descriptive language may be required to accurately sell products.
- In all sales, but especially when selling over the phone, accurate, complete information must be collected.
- Be prepared to quote group rates and accommodate a group’s needs.
- Be prepared to learn retail products and be able to manage daily operations of retail store including careful cash management.
- Listen carefully to guest’s concerns, collect pertinent information, and find a solution for the problems.
- Make changes to guests purchases or reservations.
- Be judicious when issuing a refund via Snow Dough gift card.
- Keep communication lines open with others in the Guest Services Department.
- Help coordinate lunch breaks.
- Issue Season Passes and Employee Passes.
- Load employee debit card and collect appropriate form for payroll deduction.
- Keep kiosks stocked and resolve user issues
- Collects and distributes mail and messages.
- Performs variety of clerical duties.
- Operates Lost and Found service.
- Issues Vouchers.
- Be willing to work weekends, holidays and overtime may be required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening procedure including: Stocking and cleaning area before opening.
- Closing procedure including: Close out drawers, stock and clean, lock doors.
- Assist reservations department processing phone or online reservations.
- Assist marketing team during special events, including selling registration or tickets.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that enable Red River Ski & Summer Area to present itself well.
- Willingness to learn new software. Training provided.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: Be pleasant with everyone.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and respond quickly to instructions.
- May be required to stand long periods of time.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Prior Guest Services and Cashiering experience preferred.