Employee housing is located two blocks from the ski area at The Rocky Mountain Manor and Terrace Towers Lodge and is available to full-time employees on a first-come, first-served basis and based on availability. To be considered for housing, the employee must commit to stay for the entire length of the season.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have confirmed full-time employment at the Red River Ski & Summer Area, and provide consent to a background check. Failure to meet these requirements will deny the applicant’s ability to move into Red River Ski Area employee housing.
How to Apply
After the applicant has received a job offer, they will then notify email@example.com of their interest in living in employee housing. Information will then be sent to them for their background check. A bed will be assigned when the applicant is cleared to live in employee housing.
An Employee Housing Agreement must be signed before moving into housing. This agreement goes into greater detail about the rules and restrictions of living in employee housing. This agreement will be available when completing the electronic employment packet.
Location and Amenities
Employee housing is located two blocks from the ski area at The Rocky Mountain Manor. Each fully furnished apartment has two-bedrooms with two twin beds and one shared closet, a fully furnished kitchen with appliances, a living area with a love seat and a television, and a bathroom. Housing units are not co-ed and are not pet-friendly. There is no housekeeping service. Apartments must be kept clean and free of damage before the housing deposit will be refunded. There will be random inspections during the season and a final inspection at the end of the season. Free laundry facilities are available on site.
Please note that residents must provide the following:
- Food, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Bed linens for a twin bed (which includes a pillow and blanket)
- Bath towels
- Cleaning supplies
- Any entertainment components (a TV and Roku device are provided for each unit).
Expenses and Rates
A refundable housing deposit of $150 dollars is due upon arrival. It can also be paid in advance over the phone. A code to enter the apartment will be given once the housing deposit is paid. If the employee departs housing before the season has ended the deposit will not be refunded. The rental price is - per week which includes all utilities, internet, and streaming television. The total monthly rent payment of $400 dollars is deducted in $200 increments from the employee’s bi-weekly paycheck. The rent is based on two people per room with a total of four occupants in one unit. Please note that Wi-Fi accessibility is not guaranteed during peak use.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to be on the property.
- Non-employees are not allowed to live, stay short-term, or spend the night in employee housing which includes family members.
- Smoking of any type is not allowed on the property.
- Guns are not allowed on the property.
- Quiet time from 10 p.m. until 9 a.m. must be observed because employee housing is located close to vacation rental properties.
- Any acts considered illegal by the Town of Red River or by state laws committed on employee housing premises are prohibited. This includes under-age drinking and providing alcohol to anyone under the legal age. Consumption or sale of illegal narcotics is prohibited, and this includes Marijuana. If caught violating this rule, the offending resident will be immediately evicted, and authorities will be contacted.
Mail and Packages
Residents cannot receive U.S. Postal Service mail direct to employee housing. To receive USPS mail, a resident must open a P.O. Box at the U.S. Post Office located at 120 W. Main St., Red River, NM 87558. Proof of residency is required and can be obtained from Human Resources by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If USPS mail is sent to the ski area post office box it will be returned to the sender. FedEx and UPS packages can be sent to 400 Pioneer Rd., Red River, NM 87558.
Off Site Housing
Housing options may exist in Red River and surrounding communities through private listings or property management companies. Questa (12 miles), Eagle Nest (17 miles), and Taos (36 miles) are options for those with reliable transportation or public transportation via the North Central Regional Transit District. Below are various resources to help you explore off site housing options.
Red River Bulletin Board Locations
- Der Markt
- Post Office
Red River Propery Management Companies