Looking for information on skiing or snowboarding here at Red River Ski & Summer Area this season? Look no further. This page is kept up to date with information, dates, and more to help you plan your escape to the Ski Town of the Southwest this winter.
Update on Friday, November 19th.
The 21/22 season is almost upon us and with that we have some updates as you plan your visit to Red River this winter.
Unfortunately we have encountered errors that are beyond our control thus delaying the launch of online booking. We are working to resolve those errors as soon as possible.
If you are skiing or snowboarding with us during the Thanksgiving holiday and need to book a lesson, we will be opening phone reservations for Group and Private Lessons on Monday, November 22nd. Lift Tickets, Rentals, Lessons, and Winter Tubing will be available for purchase in person upon arrival.
If you are skiing or snowboarding with us beyond the Thanksgiving holiday, we will not be taking any reservations for those dates at this time. To be notified when we open online and phone reservations for the entire season please subscribe to our email list here.
No reason to panic and rest assured that we will get this working as soon as we possibly can. We appreciate everyones patience and are looking forward to making turns this winter!
New this Season
We're always looking at ways to improve the guest experience when visiting Red River. Below are highlights of the projects we're working on for this upcoming season.
- Snowmaking projects including seven new snow guns and upgraded waterlines to further expand upon the most powerful snowmaking in the state.
- Axess RFID gates installed at Lil Blue, Gold Chair, Platinum Chair, and Copper Chair. This RFID gate and ticketing system will be the first at any ski area in New Mexico.
- Axess RFID card pick up boxes installed at various locations allowing contactless and quick pick up of your online reservation.
- Upgraded ticketing software that integrates with RFID gates and allows us and the guest a more user friendly experience when making purchases.
- Redesigned online booking platform that is more mobile friendly.
We open for skiing and snowboarding the day before Thanksgiving every year. During the first two weeks of the season we operate on an abbreviated schedule. In early December we open daily and stay open through late March. You can find dates for this season below.
Have some questions as you plan your trip? Check out our list of commonly asked questions about Red River Ski & Summer Area to help you plan your trip.