Ski Ranch Rodeo
Sat 4th Feb 2023 4PM
Take your ranch skills to the slopes with a team ranch rodeo on skis or snowboards. One team consists of three skiers or snowboarders who will compete as a team for the fastest time of roping, branding, and saddle bronc.
- One timed run per team. The top three timed runs determine prizes awarded to those teams.
- Competitors can only be on one team. Competitors cannot form multiple teams by changing what task they are competing in.
- Teams can consist of any mix of skiers, snowboarders, and men and women.
One team consists of three skiers or snowboarders who will each be assigned a task.
- The roper will ski or snowboard out of the gate triggering the timer to rope the dummy. A miss is 5 seconds added to the time. Once the roper crosses a mark, the flag will signal that the brander can go.
- The flag from the roper crossing the mark will release the brander. The brander will ski or snowboard to the branding dummy, pick up the branding iron, brand the calf's center circle, then put the branding iron back in the bucket before skiing or snowboarding down to cross the mark. The flag will signal that the bronc rider can go. A miss is 5 seconds added to the time.
- The flag from the brander crossing the mark will release the bronc rider. The bronc rider will ski or snowboard around the gates to get to the bronc. Each gate missed is 5 seconds added to the time. Once at the bronc, the skier or snowboarder must sit in the saddle and ride the bronc through the finish line, stopping the timer. If not in the saddle, 5 seconds are added to the time. Team members may not help by pushing the bronc rider across the finish line.
Registration is first come, first serve. A maximum of 25 teams is allowed.
Registration is completed per team. The entry fee is $30 per team. Registration can be completed online until Friday, February 3rd, at 11:59pm. If space is available, day of registration will be available in person at Guest Services in the Main Chalet from 7:30am-12:00pm on Saturday, February 4th. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration. Checks will not be accepted as payment. The registration form and payment are done separately.
All team members must complete the online waiver before competing.