Youth Ski & Snowboard Center
The Youth Ski & Snowboard Center is focused on providing programs for skiing or snowboarding that relate specifically to youth. The lessons have been built around our Mountain Accomplishment Program or MAP, a progress report system that records the student's growth of their skills through our programs. After each lesson the MAP progress report is presented to the parents and student allowing both to understand the devolopment of skills. Each time a student returns for a lesson we recommend bringing back the original MAP progress report allowing our coaches to focus on continuing to develop the student's skills moving forward in the programs.
All Youth Center Lessons begin at 9:15am and 12:15pm and last for about 2 hours each. All lesson durations are approximate based on circumstance.
Youth Center Lesson Information
- Check in for all participants is from 8:30am to 9:00am in the Youth Ski & Snowboard Center.
- All Full Day Packages are from 9:15am-2:15pm with a supervised lunch.
- Children must have independent toilet skills. Diapers or pull ups are not accepted.
- Children divided into small groups based on skill levels of new and experienced.
- Assigned Coach stays with group throughout the day including lunch.
- Children can be picked up at 2:15pm. Golden Explorers will be picked up inside the Youth Center. Mountain Adventurers will be picked up inside the red tent and Extreme Sliders will be picked up outside the red tent on the snow. All snowboard specific programs will be picked up outside the red tent on the deck.
Please remember to label all peronsal items including coats, shoes, snow boots, hats, and mittens or gloves. We do not have storage for extra clothing with the exception for children in the Golden Explorers where we suggest a labelled extra change of undergarments.
Youth Center Lesson Checklist
- Purchase lift ticket and rentals in Main Chalet or confirm your reservation in the Guest Services office.
- Pick up your rental equipment from the Rental Department in the Main Chalet.
- Check in for your lesson in the Youth Center with your boots on and ready to learn.
- Enjoy your lesson and have a blast at Red River Ski & Summer Area!
Please allow for adequate time to complete the registration and purchase process particularly during peak season. We recommend one hour to complete the whole process including dropping your child off inside the Youth Ski & Snowboard Center ready for their lesson.
Half Day lessons are only available for Golden Explorers.
Options for Golden Explorers Include:
- 9:15am-11:45am with no lunch
- 9:15am-12:15pm with lunch
- 9:15am-2:15pm with lunch and rest
|Ski||Golden Explorers (3-4)||Mountain Adventurers (5-7)||Extreme Sliders (8-12)|
|Full Day Ski Package||$170||$170||$170|
|AM Lesson, Rental, and Full Day Lift Ticket||$119||Not Available||Not Available|
|AM Lesson, Rental, and Half Day Lift Ticket||$106||Not Available||Not Available|
|AM Lesson Only||$65||Not Available||Not Available|
|PM Lesson Add On||$45||Not Available||Not Available|
|Full Day Lesson Only (Lunch Included)||$128||$128||$128|
|Snowboard||Mountain Rippers (6-7)||Extreme Shredders (8-12)|
|Full Day Snowboard Package||$180||$180|
|Full Day Lesson Only (Lunch Included)||$128||$128|
Package includes lift ticket, rental, and lesson. Lesson Only options do not include lift ticket and rental.
Whether your child is a beginner or an expert with any skills in between Private Lessons are a great way to hone their skills and have more fun. These lessons are offered in varying lengths to best accommodate their needs and goals. The coach will work with them to develop a personal plan to advance them to their goal at a rate that keeps them comfortable and safe on the slopes.
We highly recommend only a one hour lesson for children ages 3-4. For children ages 5-12 a two hour lesson at minimum allows students the time to gain new skills and receive coaching with feedback on various terrain.
If you choose to have more than one person in a lesson, the coach will teach to the lowest skill level of one of the students. It is best to take two separate private lessons if there are different skill levels in the same family or group.
|AM Private Lessons||Ski (3-12)||Snowboard (5-12)|
|First Person (One Hour)||$85||$85|
|Additional Student (Per Hour)||$50||$50|
|Multiple Hours (Per Hour)||$75||$75
|PM Private Lessons (After 12:45pm)||Ski (3-12)||Snowboard (5-12)|
|First Person (One Hour)||$75||$75|
|Additional Student (Per Hour)||$45||$45|
|Multiple Hours (Per Hour)||$60||$60
Youth Center and Private Lessons are based on availability and do sell out! Plan in advance and make a reservation by calling or booking online.
When booking online, reservations must be made 3 days in advance to allow for processing.
We Accept the following Credit Cards for online booking: Visa, Mastercard & Discover.
Your reservation will be available for pick-up in the Guest Services Office located in the Main Chalet.
Office hours are 7:30am-5:00pm.