Youth Ski & Snowboard Center
The Youth Ski & Snowboard Center is focused on providing programs for skiing or snowboarding that relate specifically to youth ages 4 through 12. The lessons have been built around our Mountain Accomplishment Program (MAP), a progress report system that records the student's growth of their skills through our programs. After each lesson the MAP progress report is presented to the parents and student allowing both to understand the development of skills. Each time a student returns for a lesson we recommend bringing back the original MAP progress report allowing our coaches to focus on continuing to develop the student's skills moving forward in the programs.
Youth Center Lesson Information
- Check in for all participants is from 8:30am to 9:00am in the Youth Ski & Snowboard Center.
- Children can be picked up at 2:15pm. Golden Explorers will be picked up inside the Youth Center. All other lesson groups, including snowboarders, will be picked up outside the red tent on the snow from their coach.
- All lessons include morning and afternoon instruction. Half day lessons are not available.
- Assigned Coach stays with group throughout the day including lunch.
- Children must have independent toilet skills. Diapers or pull ups are not accepted.
- Children divided into small groups based on skill levels of new and experienced.
Please remember to label all peronsal items including coats, shoes, snow boots, hats, and mittens or gloves. We do not have storage for extra clothing with the exception for children in the Golden Explorers where we suggest a labelled extra change of undergarments.
Youth Center Lesson Checklist
- Purchase lift ticket and rentals in Main Chalet or confirm your reservation in the Guest Services office.
- Pick up your rental equipment from the Rental Department in the Main Chalet.
- Check in for your lesson in the Youth Center with your boots on and ready to learn.
- Enjoy your lesson and have a blast at Red River Ski & Summer Area!
Please allow for adequate time to complete the registration and purchase process particularly during peak season. We recommend one hour to complete the whole process including dropping your child off inside the Youth Ski & Snowboard Center ready for their lesson.
|Ski||Golden Explorers (4-5)||Mountain Adventurers (6-8)||Extreme Sliders (9-12)|
|Full Day Ski Package||$179||$179||$179|
|Full Day Lesson Only (Lunch Included)||$137||$137||$137|
|Snowboard||Mountain Rippers (6-7)||Extreme Shredders (8-12)|
|Full Day Snowboard Package||$190||$190|
|Full Day Lesson Only (Lunch Included)||$137||$137|
Package includes lift ticket, rental, and lesson. Lesson Only options do not include lift ticket and rental.
When Booking Online...
Reservations must be made 3 days in advance to allow for processing. Your reservation will be available for pick up in the Guest Services Office located in the Main Chalet.