Buckaroo Camp | 23/24 Season
The Buckaroo Camp is a ski program designed for children aged 3-4 years old. It aims to make the kids comfortable in a new environment and have fun while learning the basics of skiing. The program is specifically tailored to suit the needs of the children of this age group. They will learn to move with their equipment and gain independence on low-angle terrain. While this program is designed for first-time skiers, if your child has the experience, we will do our best to accommodate them.
Buckaroo Camp Information
- Children must have independent toilet skills. Diapers or pull-ups are not accepted.
- Please remember to label all personal items, including coats, shoes, snow boots, hats, and mittens or gloves. We suggest a labeled extra change of undergarments.
- Lessons do not include Lift Ticket(s) or Rentals. These must be purchased separately for the number of days you want to ski or snowboard, including the day of your Lesson. A Lift Ticket is required to participate in a Lesson. Children 5 & Under with a paying Adult receive a free Lift Ticket.
- Helmets are included to be worn during all Youth Lessons.
- Buckaroo Camp is either a morning or afternoon program. While a full-day program is not an option, parents can book children in both the morning and afternoon programs if available.
- Skills covered include familiarity with ski equipment, developing balance in boots and on skis, basic movement such as the wedge, gliding, and stopping in a wedge.
- The lesson will be taught by one of our qualified and specifically trained coaches. The Buckaroo Camp's focus is on introducing and creating a passion for skiing to children. When checking out, parents will receive an accomplishment card of their child’s on snow development for the program.
Buckaroo Camp Pricing
- Morning program check in is at 8:30am in the Youth Center.
- Afternoon program check in is at 12:15pm in the Youth Center.
- Morning program concludes at 11:30am.
- Afternoon program concludes at 3:00pm.
- Lunch is not provided.
|Half Day Program||$149|
Lessons do not include Lift Ticket(s) or Rentals. These must be purchased separately for the number of days you want to ski or snowboard, including the day of your Lesson. A Lift Ticket is required to participate in a Lesson.
Booking Buckaroo Camp
Buckaroo Camp availability is limited, and we often sell out during holiday periods. We highly recommend purchasing prior to arrival. Buckaroo Camp is available to purchase prior to arrival online or upon arrival in person. Online purchases can be made up to 11:59pm the day before the Lesson date if available. In person purchases can be made up to 8:15am the morning of the Lesson date if there is availability. During the following dates, Dec 21, 2022-Jan 1, 2023, Feb 17-20, 2023, Mar 6-15, 2023, Buckaroo Camp cannot be purchased the day of and can only be made up to 4:30pm the day prior to the Lesson date if there is availability.
Arrival & Check In
- If purchased online, pick up the Red Card with Lift Ticket(s) from a Red Card Kiosk. If you haven't purchased Lift Ticket(s) prior to arrival, please visit the Sales Counter to purchase.
- If purchased, pick up your rental equipment from the Rental Shop in the Main Chalet.
- Bring your Red Card to check in for Buckaroo Camp in the Youth Center with your boots on and ready to learn.
- Enjoy your lesson and have a blast at Red River Ski & Summer Area!
Please allow for adequate time to complete the arrival and check in process, particularly during holiday periods. We recommend one hour to complete the whole process, including dropping your child off at the Youth Center ready for their lesson. To save time the morning of your Lesson, you may pick up your Rentals after 2:00pm the day before your Rental date begins.