Cardboard Sled Derby
Sat 18th Jan 2020 10AM
Left with too many boxes after the holidays? Get creative with all those boxes to build a sled using only cardboard, duct tape, string, twine, and paint. Glide down Gold Rush Hill with your cardboard sled creation for a chance to win various prizes including cash! Competitors can choose to race solo or with a team of up to 4 people with their cardboard sled. Stock up on duct tape and don't throw away those boxes just yet!
Schedule of Events
- Registration 7:30am-9:30am | Main Chalet
- Cardboard Sled Judging 9:30am | Gold Rush Hill
- Racing Begins 10:00am | Gold Rush Hill
- Awards 1:00pm | Main Chalet
- Junior (17 and Under)
- Adult (18 and Over)
Prizes will awarded based on the below criteria in each age category.
- Most Creative
- Least Creative
- People's Choice
Two cash prizes of $250 will be awarded in each age category if a cardboard sled hits the target with at least half the cardboard sled remaining in the marked area. If multiple cardboard sleds claim this prize, it will be split accordingly.
- Only cardboard, duct tape, string, twine, and paint race may be used to construct your cardboard sled.
- Only one cardboard sled per entry of individual or team.
- No more than 4 people per cardboard sled.
- Each participant must sign a liability waiver before competing.
- All participants must wear a helmet when riding in/on a cardboard sled.
- Using unauthorized materials or not complying with event rules will result in disqualification.