Our Red River Promise
To our Red River Ski & Summer Guests, Staff, and Family…
Our Red River Promise is simple. We are still Red River Ski & Summer Area and we will prevail. For over 60 years we remain an independent, family owned resort. Our lineage and history runs deep in our soul. We are proud of our roots and thankful for the growth those roots have provided us. We remain committed to the generations of guests that return each year and the passionate locals that call our special town home. Now, more than ever, there is no room for ‘I’ here. Guests, community, and staff have all made Red River what it is today. It will take all of us to overcome the challenges ahead. The most important takeaway going into this season is that we are grateful for everyone in our Red River family, thank you for your continued support.
We all have a responsibility this ski season. Expect changes and respect any new requirements that allow us to open and stay open. These changes are a necessity for the safety of our guests, community, and staff. Our senior leadership team has worked diligently with Ski New Mexico and the State of New Mexico to develop the most effective COVID-safe practices for the ski season. We are appreciative of the work that has been completed by all entities involved to ensure we can ski and snowboard.
From a safe distance, we look forward to welcoming you back to the slopes and to the Red River family. Stay safe, be kindhearted, and keep thinking snow!
President & General Manager
How to Make the Most of Your Visit
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Practice physical distancing by staying six feet away from others.
- Plan to arrive in your winter gear. Use your car as a base lodge for changing and eating or enjoy takeout from one of our local restaurants.
- If you arrive together - ride together. Guests of the same family or travel group should ride chairlifts together.
- Be kindhearted to others and respect the requirements that are in place to help keep our season safe.
With the State of New Mexico, we have agreed to adhere to COVID-safe practices which includes limiting our capacity. We will be adhering to a 25% limit on our daily maximum uphill capacity based on open lifts. Based on historical data, there are multiple time periods that we anticipate selling out. Because of this, we encourage you to consider visiting during the week or non-holiday weekends.
- Please understand that our buildings have strict capacity limits in place and gathering will not be permitted inside the Main Chalet or outside in the surrounding areas. Access to the Main Chalet and outside areas surrounding the Main Chalet will be limited to those guests with a current Lift Ticket and Season Pass holders only. There will not be space available for family members or non-skiers to watch other family members ski or snowboard near the Main Chalet.
- Complete online waivers for Ski & Snowboard Rentals and Lessons prior to arrival.
Purchase in Advance
Because of limitations imposed by the Public Health Order, advance purchases, online or over the phone are required this season. You must purchase Lift Tickets, Lessons, and Ski & Snowboard Rentals prior to arrival. Regardless of when you choose to visit...
You must purchase in advance online or over the phone.
- Multi-day products are not available. When purchasing online, Lift Tickets must be added to the itinerary one day at a time. Add Lift Tickets for your first day on snow for each guest in your party. There is a pull down menu which will allow you to add multiple Lift Tickets for each age category. After the quantity of Lift Tickets for each category is confirmed, it will give you the option to add Ski & Snowboard Rentals. Once all guests in your party have been added for the first day on snow, click View Itinerary in the pop up window to return to the calendar view to select your next day on snow.
- Reciprocal days for partner mountains are included in our reservation requirement and those days must be reserved over the phone prior to arrival, no later than the day before, if still available. Please call 575-754-2223 to reserve. There is no limit on how far out these reservations can be made.
When You Arrive
- Plan to arrive in your winter gear or change in your car. Due to strict capacity limits, our buildings will not be available for changing or getting ready.
- All reservations must be picked up at the Will Call booth, located near the entrance to our main parking lot.
- Leave your cooler at the car or enjoy takeout from a local restaurant in town. Guests will not be permitted to bring their own food or coolers to the Main Chalet.
- If you have a Rental reservation, capacity will be limited in our Rental Shop area, please plan accordingly and pick up equipment during slower times if possible. You may pick up your equipment after 10:00am the day before your first day of skiing or snowboarding. The Rental Shop is open from 7:30am-5:00pm.
- If you have a First Step or Next Step Lesson reservation, check in begins outside of the Youth Center at 8:30am for morning groups and 12:30pm for afternoon groups.
- If you have a Private Lesson reservation, please arrive outside on the deck of the Youth Center at least 10 minutes prior to the reserved Lesson time.
- Before checking in for any Lesson, you must have your Lift Ticket, Lesson Voucher, and Rental Equipment picked up with your ski or snowboard boots on.
Let's Keep our Season Safe
We expect all guests and staff to comply with any New Mexico Public Health Order in place. We ask you respect what is being done to ensure our commitment to COVID-safe practices. Always wear a face covering at all times while visiting Red River Ski & Summer Area and practice physical distancing by staying six feet away from others. Most important, stay home if you are sick or are exhibiting COVID-related symptoms.
Usually red and green, otherwise known as Christmas style, is a great combo but when it comes to restrictions we would much rather be green.
You can learn more about current New Mexico county-by-county restrictions in the link below. Red River is located in Taos County.
New Mexico Quarantine
Per Executive Order 2021-006, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, advises as follows: All persons who have arrived in New Mexico from another state or from outside the United States are recommended to self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days from the date of their entry into the State of New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the State, whichever is shorter.
Winter Refund Policy
Guests with reservations can receive a full refund, no questions asked, if canceled at least 10 days prior to arrival. Reservations that are cancelled 9 days or less prior to arrival will not be eligible for any refund or credit voucher. Please email email@example.com with your request for a cancellation.
- If there are any COVID-19 related closures that prohibit us from operating, guests with reservations for the affected day(s) will receive a refund for any unused products in their reservation. Closures related to weather, mechanical, or electrical issues will not be counted.
- If you or any guest in your reservation tests positive for COVID-19, you will be eligible for a full refund regardless of the timeframe prior to arrival with proof of the positive COVID-19 test result.
Please understand that we are working through extremely high call volumes. If you have left a message or contact form our staff will work on returning your call or email as soon as possible.