Our Red River Promise
To our Red River Ski & Summer Guests, Staff, and Family…
Our Red River Promise is simple. We are still Red River Ski & Summer Area and we will prevail. For over 60 years we remain an independent, family owned resort. Our lineage and history runs deep in our soul. We are proud of our roots and thankful for the growth those roots have provided us. We remain committed to the generations of guests that return each year and the passionate locals that call our special town home. Now, more than ever, there is no room for ‘I’ here. Guests, community, and staff have all made Red River what it is today. It will take all of us to overcome the challenges ahead. The most important takeaway going into this season is that we are grateful for everyone in our Red River family, thank you for your continued support.
We all have a responsibility this ski season. Expect changes and respect any new requirements that allow us to open and stay open. These changes are a necessity for the safety of our guests, community, and staff. Our senior leadership team has worked diligently with Ski New Mexico and the State of New Mexico to develop the most effective COVID-safe practices for the ski season. We are appreciative of the work that has been completed by all entities involved to ensure we can ski and snowboard.
From a safe distance, we look forward to welcoming you back to the slopes and to the Red River family. Stay safe, be kindhearted, and keep thinking snow!
President & General Manager
Opening Weekend | December 4th-6th
We have approval from the state to open! Our 2020/2021 season kicks off tomorrow, Friday December 4th! Due to the short timeframe, we will only be offering Lift Tickets and access to restrooms. Gold Chair and Platinum Chair will be servicing 7 trails and Pot O’ Gold Terrain Park. We will be open December 4th-6th then open daily beginning December 11th.
Advance purchases, online or over the phone are required this season. Lift Tickets must be purchased online no later than the night before, if still available.
We will provide an update next week on our plans for Lessons, Rentals, and Food & Beverage. Please remember that face coverings are required at all times while visiting Red River Ski & Summer Area and to practice physical distancing by staying six feet away from others. We look forward to seeing you out on the slopes enjoying turns in our fresh mountain air!
With the State of New Mexico, we have agreed to adhere to COVID-safe practices which includes limiting our capacity. We will be adhering to a 25% limit on our daily maximum uphill capacity based on open lifts. Based on historical data, there are multiple time periods that we anticipate selling out. Because of this, we encourage you to consider visiting during the week or non-holiday weekends. Please understand that our buildings will not be the place to be used for leisure activities or watching your family ski or snowboard. Plan to arrive in your winter gear and use your car as a base lodge for changing, eating, and warming up.
Because of limitations imposed by the Public Health Order, advance purchases, online or over the phone are required this season. You must purchase Lift Tickets, Lessons, and Ski & Snowboard Rentals prior to arrival. Regardless of when you choose to visit...
You must purchase in advance online or over the phone.
Please take note of the tips below to ensure you have a seamless transaction when purchasing online.
- If you are experiencing problems with our website, please note that due to COVID restrictions, multi-day products are not available. When purchasing online, Lift Tickets must be purchased one day at a time. Add Lift Tickets for your first day on snow for each guest in your party. There is a pull down menu which will allow you to add multiple Lift Tickets for each age category. After the quantity of Lift Tickets for each category is confirmed, it will give you the option to add Ski & Snowboard Rentals. Once all guests in your party have been added for the first day on snow, click View Itinerary in the pop up window to return to the calendar view to select your next day on snow.
- Please understand that we are working through extremely high call volumes. If you have left a message or contact form our staff will work on returning your call or email as soon as possible.
Before your visit, please visit our website for any updates that may affect your trip.
Let's Keep our Season Safe
We expect all guests and staff to comply with any New Mexico Public Health Order in place. We ask you respect what is being done to ensure our commitment to COVID-safe practices. Always wear a face covering at all times while visiting Red River Ski & Summer Area and practice physical distancing by staying six feet away from others. Most important, stay home if you are sick or are exhibiting COVID-related symptoms. Please read the current New Mexico Public Health Orders here.
New Mexico Quarantine Order
Red River Ski & Summer Area does not book or manage any lodging. We encourage you to reach out to your place of lodging where your reservation is made for any questions or concerns regarding the quarantine order. As we are located on Federal Land, we are unable to discriminate, including place of origin. Please read the current New Mexico Public Health and Quarantine Orders here. Being aware and complying with the current New Mexico Public Health Order will allow us to keep our season safe.
- Season Passes will no longer be available for purchase and no additional Season Passes will be sold.
- The previous Pass Deferment deadline of November 13th will now be extended to December 4th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our team of your choice to defer the use of your 2020/2021 Season Pass by December 4th.
- Our In Season Closure Credits remains unchanged. You can learn more about In Season Closure Credits here.
Triple Play Cards
Guests who previously purchased Triple Play Cards during the February 2020 Flash Sale will have no changes with how their Triple Play Cards can be used. Triple Play Cards purchased during the February 2020 Flash Sale will be valid for three separate days of skiing or riding from January 3, 2021 through February 28, 2021.
- Guests who previously purchased Triple Play Cards during the February 2020 Flash Sale have until December 18, 2020 to choose to receive a full refund, no questions asked. Please email email@example.com with your request for a refund by December 18, 2020.
- After December 18, 2020, guests who do not choose to receive a full refund for Triple Play Cards will receive a credit voucher for any unused day(s) on the Triple Play Card. This credit voucher will be issued after March 21, 2020 and can be used towards future purchases at Red River Ski & Summer Area.
Winter Refund Policy
Guests with reservations can receive a full refund, no questions asked, if canceled at least 10 days prior to arrival. Reservations that are cancelled 9 days or less prior to arrival will not be eligible for any refund or credit voucher. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for a cancellation.
- If there are any COVID-19 related closures that prohibit us from operating, guests with reservations for the affected day(s) will receive a refund for any unused products in their reservation. Closures related to weather, mechanical, or electrical issues will not be counted.
- If you or any guest in your reservation tests positive for COVID-19, you will be eligible for a full refund regardless of the timeframe prior to arrival with proof of the positive COVID-19 test result.
Please understand that we are working through extremely high call volumes. If you have left a message or contact form our staff will work on returning your call or email as soon as possible.