Full Time Year Round
Repairs, maintains and overhauls diesel, and gasoline automobiles, trucks, tractors, snowmobiles, snow grooming machines and other vehicles by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines vehicle and discusses with supervisor nature and extent of damage or malfunction. Plans work procedure.
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks. Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator.
- Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts.
- Installs new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Overhauls electric, gas or diesel engines.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Visually inspects hydraulic lines and components to detect leaks, damage, and wear.
- Replaces worn or damaged hydraulic components such as oil lines, fittings, cylinders, servo valves, pressure release valves, gaskets, and seals.
- Performs routine maintenance such as changing filters.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Parts washing.
- Components lubrication.
- Use of welders and cutting torch.
- Keep parts, materials and tools organized.
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice.
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Red River Ski Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Works well as a team to get the job done
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Work in extreme weather conditions, standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment, snowmobiles and 4-wheel ATV’s.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Lift and/or move heavy weight.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude