Full Time Year Round
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts, with emphasis on proficiency, following instruction, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on the lifts.
- Be able to follow safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Interact professionally with lift operations staff and assist with lift operations when needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Basic knowledge of electrical or mechanical operations required
- Ability to define each major component of a lift and its purpose
- Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting lift records in a timely manner
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather
- Keep parts, materials and tools organized.
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help Red River Ski Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Works well as a team to get the job done
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice
- A valid US Driver's License -preferred
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to work on high structures, outside, and under inclement weather -required
- Required to work holidays and weekends
- Lift and/or move heavy weight
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude