Full Time Year Round
General Purpose for Lift Mechanic
- The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts, with emphasis on proficiency, following instruction, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on the lifts.
- Be able to follow safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Interact professionally with lift operations staff and assist with lift operations when needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Basic knowledge of electrical or mechanical operations required
- Ability to define each major component of a lift and its purpose
- Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting lift records in a timely manner
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather
- Keep parts, materials and tools organized.
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help Red River Ski Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Works well as a team to get the job done
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice
- A valid US Driver's License -preferred
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to work on high structures, outside, and under inclement weather -required
- Required to work holidays and weekends
- Lift and/or move heavy weight
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude