Desktop Support Technician
Full Time Year Round
The Desktop Support Technician will work with the Ski and Summer area staff to support and troubleshoot Desktop and laptop computers, Applications, Networking, VOIP, Office 365, and any general technology-based problems that occur. This position is a limited opportunity for any individual that has a passion for the outdoors in a mountain environment that provides them access to winter and summer sports while acquiring experience within the IT industry learning the technical aspect of how a resort operates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for hardware and software computing issues
- Identify staff needs and recommend potential solutions
- Assist senior staff with daily tasks
- Document tasks and new procedures in our ticketing system
- Setup equipment for staff with proper installation of hardware, cabling, and software
- Escalation to senior staff where appropriate
- On-boarding of new users to the domain and primary software suite.
- User account troubleshooting (password resets, permissions)
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse group of people
- The desire to learn and start a career in the IT industry
- Familiar with Windows operating systems, Microsoft office suite, Network cables or Wi-Fi
- Able to Ski/Snowboard or willingness to learn
- Lift and move 50 pounds
- This position primarily works indoors but also works outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, and evenings.
Education and/or Experience
- High school education
- Any experience troubleshooting issues or experience with customer service