Update on Coronavirus
Updated on Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 at 9:07am.
Dear Red River Ski & Summer Area Guests and Family…
We are thankful to be able to announce that we will open the Scenic Summer Chairlift as scheduled for May 23rd and 24th. While we are excited to be offering this activity, the health of our guests, community, and staff remain a top priority. We will be following any Public Health Orders put forth by the state of New Mexico.
Pursuant to the Public Health Order, effective Friday, May 15, 2020, please review these below guidelines that are applicable to our operations. We kindly ask all guests visiting Red River Ski & Summer Area to follow these guidelines.
- Our buildings are required to operate at 25% of standard occupancy. To help with this requirement, we ask that you only send one member of the family in to purchase tickets or retail items.
- Be socially responsible and practice social distancing. Please remember to leave at least 6ft of distance between you and other guests and refrain from congregating in groups larger than five people.
- Use a face covering or mask when enjoying public spaces. Exceptions will be made for eating, drinking, exercising, and if a healthcare provider instructs otherwise
We will be doing our best to keep Red River Ski & Summer Area a clean destination for guests to enjoy. Extra resources such as hand sanitizer and wipes will be readily available for guests to use. In addition, we will follow all guidelines regarding cleaning of common areas. We ask for your patience during these times as we all work together. We look forward to having you here and making your Red River memories.
Updated on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 at 2:15pm.
To our Red River Disc Golf Family…
At the recommendation of state officials, we have made the decision to cancel the 9th Annual Drew Judycki Memorial scheduled for June 6th & 7th. The health of our community and tournament players is our top priority with this decision as the COVID-19 situation continues to develop. We will immediately begin issuing refunds to registered and waitlisted players. We’d like to thank everyone for the continued support of this incredible tournament and we cannot wait until next year.
- Nick, Sam, Linton, Reed
Updated on Thursday, April 16th, 2020 at 1:15pm.
Updated on Sunday, March 15th, 2020 at 1:15pm.
Updated on Sunday, March 15th, 2020 at 9:30am.
Red River Ski & Summer Area is assessing the current situation regarding COVID-19. We will make an announcement by the end of the day. We do not recommend making travel plans to Red River Ski & Summer Area at this time. We are open today, March 15. Thank you for your understanding.
Updated on Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 5:30pm.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we have made the conscious decision to cancel all remaining winter events here at Red River Ski & Summer Area. This includes our Torchlight Parade & Fireworks, Kids Glow Stick Parade & Fireworks, and Spring Break Pond Skim. This proactive decision was made in the best interest for the health of our guests, community, and staff. We will remain open daily through March 22, 2020 as planned. All Red River Ski & Summer Area staff have received additional resources and training as we continue to implement preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. We will continue to closely monitor any and all developments. Thank you for your understanding.
Red River Ski & Summer Area is aware of the developing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and New Mexico Governor Lujan Grisham’s decision regarding the emergency declaration for public health. We are closely monitoring any and all developments, and at this time no closure of operations is planned. All Red River Ski & Summer Area staff have received additional resources and training as we have implemented preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a reservation or planned trip to Red River Ski & Summer Area, do not hesitate to speak with our Guest Services team at 575-754-2223 x601. Please consider postponing your visit to Red River Ski & Summer Area if you are feeling ill, are experiencing respiratory problems, or have a fever.
Red River Ski & Summer Area encourages everyone to play their part in reducing the spread of respiratory viruses and following these steps will help:
- Stay home when you are sick and limit close contact with other people except for the medical care that you need.
- Cover your cough and sneezes to reduce the spread of infectious droplets and wash you hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60% to 95% alcohol.
- Clean “high touch” surfaces daily with regular household cleaners.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- If you are sick, still wash your hands frequently when you are in places where there may be other sick people and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.