The primary duties of Mountain Maintenance are maintaining or improving existing ski trails, hiking trails, roads, infrastructure, and other projects on the mountain. Mountain Maintenance works in varying weather and terrain. The positions require heavy lifting, hiking with tools, and physical labor.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to travel on foot over rough mountainous terrain while carrying heavy loads. This includes tools, supplies, and personal gear.
- May operate heave equipment and vehicles.
- Perform erosion management with hand tools.
- Using common hand tools.
- Picking up litter.
- Assisting other departments
- Able to work without constant supervision
- Walking uphill while performing other job functions.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and training.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Act as an Ambassador of Red River Ski & Summer Area with extensive knowledge of all activities, conditions, and events. All other duties assigned.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous, and actively friendly with everyone.
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude is necessary to fully cooperate in a team environment.
- Good decision maker capable of using independent judgment; ability to react calmly and effectively in situations.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.
- Ability to follow and accomplish simple or technical and complex instructions and procedures.
- Working outdoors in varied weather conditions, standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch and climb without difficulty. Working on uneven and/or slippery surfaces with periodic exposure to hazardous situations.
- Daily lifting/carrying of equipment or materials.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- No prior experience, training provided.