Lift Operations Supervisor
Full Time Year Round
General Purpose for Lift Operations Supervisor
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Lift Operations Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage employees for the Lift Operations Department.
- Completes disciplinary action, employee evaluations and other departmental personnel functions
- Develops policies, procedures and revision as necessary within the department
- Set goals and objectives for the Lift Operations Department. Set a positive and professional example for all employees to follow
- Ensure that all Lift Operations personnel are working as a team towards departmental goals and objectives.
- Focuses experience towards developing training programs for all Lift Operational personnel, insuring a priority of safety, job knowledge and guest/interpersonal relations.
- Examines and insures that all operations are in compliance with A.N.S.I. B77 Code
- Monitors Operational Daily Logs per the A.N.S.I. B77 Code
- Stays aware of condition or occurrence that may adversely affect the safety of operations
- Troubleshoots daily problems on lifts
- Sets goals and objectives for the Lift Operations Department. Set a positive and professional example for all employees to follow
- Ensure that all Lift Operations personnel are working as a team towards departmental goals and objectives
- Facilitates the development and implantation of all Lift Operations Department safety programs, including O.S.H.A. required monthly safety meeting. Holds and documents weekly safety meeting.
- Diplomatically handles awkward situations
- Operates assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manor.
- Maintains an informed status about the lift openings and closures, and general skiing conditions.
- Conducts departmental Daily Morning Meetings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with lift evacuations
- Provides assistance with Lift Maintenance
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Red River Ski Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Works well as a team to get the job done
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Work in extreme weather conditions, standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Lift and/or move heavy weight
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude